- SYNONYMS OF NOUNS:
advantage = benefit
advice = guidance/suggest
affection = fondnessbeginning = start
clothes = garments
colleague = associate
commotion = disturbance
courtesy = politeness
danger = hazard
discord = conflict
disease = illness
drawback = disadvantage
effort = attempt
enemy = foe
fatigue = exhaustion
freedom = liberty
gain = profit
grief = sorrow
happiness = joy
harm = injury
height = altitude
imagination = fantasy
intention = purpose
journey = trip
justice = fairness
riding the horse = numpak jaran
sun glasses = kacamata jalan
feeding the horse = makani jaran
fork = garpu
ESSENTIAL VOCABULARIES :
A. PERBEDAAN UNGKAPAN AMERIKA-INGGRIS
AMERICAN BRITISH ARTI
1. Anywhere Anyplace dimanapun
2. autumn fall musim gugur
3. barrister lawyer pengacara
4. beeper,pager beeper penyeranta
5. bill (restaurant) check tagihan
6. biscuit cookie kueh kering
7. block/flats apartment building apartemen
8. bonnet hood kerudung kepala
9. car automobile mobil
10. caravan trailer truk trailer
11. chemist drugstore toko obat
12. chocolate bar candy bar permen cokelat
13. cinema movies bioskop
14. clothes peg clothes pin jepitan baju
15. coffin casket peti mati
16. condom rubber kondom
17. crisps potato chips kentang goreng
18. crossroads intersection persimpangan
19. cupboard closet almari dinding
20. cutlery silverware perkakas potong/makan
21. diversion detour pengalihan
22. drawing-pin thumbtack paku payung
23. driving licence driver's licence SIM
24. dummy (for babies) pacifier dot bayi
25. dustbin ashcan, garbage can tempat sampah
26. dustman garbage collector tukang sampah
27. engine motor mesin
28. estate agent realtor agen properti
29. film movie film
30. flat apartment apartemen
31. flyover overpass jalan layang
32. galoshes toe rubbers sepatu karet
33. gear-lever gearshift tuas gigi
34. girl guide girl scout pramuka putri
35. ground floor first floor lantai dasr
36. handbag purse dompet
37. holiday vacation liburan
38. jam jelly selai
39. jeans blue jeans pakaian jeans
40. jug pitcher kendi
41. lift elevator lift
42. lorry truck trek
43. luggage baggage bagasi
44. mad crazy gila
45. main road highway jalan raya
46. maize corn jagung
47. maths math matematika
48. mobile (phone) cellular telpon genggam
49. motorbike motorcycle sepeda motor
50. motorway freeway, expressway jalur cepat
51. diaper popok
52. pants shorts celana pendek
53. pavement sidewalk trotoar
54. petrol gas, gasoline BBM
55. pocket money allowance uang saku
56. post mail surat
57. postbo mailbox kotak surat
58. postcod zip code kode pos
59. postman mailman tukang pos
60. pub bar tempat minum
61. public toilet rest room WC umum
62. puncture flat kempes
63. railway railroad rel kereta api
64. return (ticket) round trip tiket PP
65. ring road beltway jalur lingkar luar
66. roundabout traffic circle bundaran
67. rubber eraser penghapus
68. rubbish garbage, trash sampah
69. rubbish bin garbage can, trashcan tempat sampah
70. saloon (car) sedan (automobile) mobil sedan
71. shop store toko
72. single (ticket) one-way tiket sekali jalan
73. solicitor attorney jaksa
74. somewhere someplace di suatu tempat
75. spanner wrench kunci inggris
76. sweets candy permen
77. tap (indoors) faucet kran air
78. taxi cab taksi
79. tea-dish- towel lap piring
80. timetable schedule jadwal
81. tin can kaleng
82. torch flashlight lampu senter
83. trousers pants celana panjang
84. underground (train) subway kereta bawah tanah
85. underpants shorts celana dalam/kolor
86. vest undershirt pakaian dalam
87. wallet billfold dompet
88. wellington boots rubbers sepatu ket
89. whisky whiskey, scotch wiski
90. windscreen windshield kaca depan
91. zip zipper ritsleting
In this section of the test, you will have the chance to show how well you understand spoken English. There are four parts to this section, with special directions for each part.
Part I: Pictures
Questions 1 to 3
For each item, there is a picture and four short statements about it on the tape. They are spoken two times, and are NOT WRITTEN out on your test book, so you must listen carefully. You must choose one sentence – (A), (B), (C), or (D) – that best describes the picture. Then, on your answer sheet, mark your choice.
Look at the picture and listen to the four sentences.
A. The basket is made of a woven fabric.
C. Some cakes are put in the basket.
D. We need the waste basket to keep clean. A B C D
Choice (C) – “Some cakes are put in the basket” – best describes what can be seen in the picture. Therefore, you should mark (C ) on your answer sheet.
Now let’s begin with picture number 1.
1. A. The students are listening to the teacher
B. The students are doing the test
C. They are discussing something
D. The boy in front is holding a stick
2. A. The flag is hanging on the top of the building
B. Each building is having a clock on its wall
C. The clock is on the corner of the building
D. There are a lot of people in those buildings
3. A. The woman is fat
B. The women have flat nose
C. They are wearing glasses
D. The stewardess is slim and has short straight hair
Part II .
Questions 4 to 7
In this part of this test, you will hear several question spoken in English, followed by three responses, also spoken in English. The question and responses will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. You have to choose the best response to each question.
Now listen to a sample question.
You will hear : “Will you be here this summer?”
You will also hear : A. Yes, summer is my favourite season
B. Yes, they will be here soon Sample Answer
C. No, I won’t. I plan to visit my family
A B C D
Choice (C) – “No, I won’t. I plan to visit my family” – is the appropriate response to the question [Will you be here this summer?]. Therefore, you should mark (C) on your answer sheet.
Now let’s begin with picture number 4.
4. Woman : Excuse me, could you tell me how to advertise our products in this city?
A. There are many ways to go to a book store
B. I prefer going to a book store better than to a TV station
C. Just go to radio station straight ahead about 50 M and it's on your left
5. Man : Would you like to deliver this information to the students, sir?
A. My house is about 10 KMs from here
B. OK! I'll announce it by using a loud speaker soon.
C. I don't like speaking in in front of you
6. Man : What do you think of my presentation about the report of my job training yesterday?
A. It has blue color.
B. I think it was good. You spoke fluently.
C. They are the same with mine
7. Woman : According to you, which way is cheaper advertising by radio or television?
A. I like the big one.
B. Its a big house.
C. You'd better do it by radio.
Part III : Short Conversation.
Questions 8 to 11
In this part of this test, you will hear several short conversations. The conversations will not be printed in your test book. You will hear the conversation two times, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say.
In your test book, you will read a question about each conversation. The question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet.
You will hear : Girl : Are you sixteen yet?
Boy : Not yet, but my birthday is in March
Girl : When in March?
Boy : It is March 20.
You will read : What do you learn from the conversation?
A. The girl is sixteen years old.
B. The boy is twenty years old. Sample Answer
C. The boy was born in March.
D. The girl’s birthday is March 20. A B C D
Choice (C) – “The boy was born in March” – best answer the question [What do you learn from the conversation?]. Therefore, you should mark (C) on your answer sheet.
8. Man : Fitri, let me introduce my friend, Ridho.
Woman : Hi, Ridho, how do you do?
Man : How do you do
9. Man : Do you always study at night?
Woman : No. I usually watch TV with my brother every night.
10. Man : Will you come to my wedding ceremony next Sunday?
Woman : I’m sorry I have to go to Solo to visit my grandparent
11. Man : Which one do you choose the black jacket or the blue one?
Woman : I prefer the blue one.
Questions 12 to 15
In this part of the test, you will hear several short talks. Each will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand and remember what is said.
In your test book, you will read two or more questions about each short talk. Each question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet.
Questions number 12 to 13 refer to the following advertisement
Big sales, big opening sales!
Extraordinary shoes only in the extraordinary shop Adidas SHOES SHOP,
The only one on the second floor of Pekalongan market!
Come and visit us, on the second floor of the market.
Now read question number 12 on your test book answer it
Now read question number 13 on your test book answer it
Questions number 14 to 15 refer to the following announcement
Dian, a teen year old girl, has been reported missing. She has short curly hair and dimples when she smiles. She was seen wearing a white shirt and red shorts.
If you see a child who looks like mentioned, please call the nearest Police Station or Mr. Jacky at 9333-333.
Now read question number 14 on your test book answer it
Now read question number 15 on your test book answer it